Humidity, roadways, flooding – living in Houston is no cakewalk.
Like all big cities Houston – in all its glory – can sometimes be a bit of a doozie to survive and thrive. If you’ve lived here for a while, you can attest that there are a number of rules, tricks, and pointers, you’ve picked up over the years that’ve helped you navigate the city to its fullest. This is the exact question that we’ve submitted to our dear readers in an effort to compile a list of rules on how to survive living in Houston – and yes, most are traffic related.
1. Don’t go immediately when the light turns green, someone’s running that red light just give it a sec.
2. Houston is about an hour away from Houston.
3. Stop and get the tacos…trust me, ur already late…
4. The driving here is truly survival of the fittest.
5. It doesn’t matter if its only 2.5 miles away it’s gonna take you 25 mins to get there.
6. Never use your turn signals when changing lanes. You could end up going around the loop 3 times before someone lets you over.
7. Houston is an AMAZING foodie town. So bring the fat pants!
8. That bump in the night is probably mosquitoes.
9. Blinkers can be a sign of weakness.
10. Don’t exercise outside during the day in the summer because you could have a heat stroke.
11. Turn around don’t drown when it’s flooding.
12. Dress in layers especially in what’s supposed to be the winter months. The am could be 20° & the pm 100° or vice versa.
13. Pronounce Kuykendahl “Kirk Ken Doll”.
14. There is no slow lane.
15. The loops are public Nascar race tracks, drive accordingly.